- In order to comply with the new laws on data protection, I need to let clients know about the information I hold about them.
- In order to fulfil my ‘contract’ to provide craniosacral therapy, I need to hold certain information about clients, including their name, contact details, and
relevant medical and life history as agreed by them.
- This information is completely confidential.
- The information is used by me in order to give treatment and review progress with clients or to contact them about appointments and will not be used for any other
- I am required by my Code of Ethics and insurance to keep the information for a specific length of time (currently 7 years after the last visit for most adults and up
to 21 plus 7 years for most children).
- I take the security of this personal information very seriously and take steps to ensure this.
- Clients have the right to see or suggest corrections to information I hold about them, and to complain if they are unhappy with the way I hold information about them
– to me, to the CSTA or if they are still unhappy, to the ICO.
- Clients should make sure they understand and agree to me keeping notes and contact details for them.
- I am happy to answer any questions or concerns clients may have about the information I hold on them.